Personal, Social & Health Education
At Kings Hill School and Nursery, our PSHE curriculum enables our pupils to understand the world around them and develop their skills and understanding when faced with new experiences, meeting new challenges and finding themselves in unfamiliar situations in order for them to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society.
It intends to help them understand how they are developing personally and socially, and tackles many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up. Values-based education underpins everyday life at Kings Hill School and Nursery, providing our children with opportunities for them to learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society.
Our children are encouraged to develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community. Pupils are encouraged to respectfully challenge views and seek additional knowledge in order that they can make informed decisions about the world that they live in.
We use the Jigsaw Programme which is a comprehensive Scheme of Work which brings consistency and progression to our children’s learning in this vital curriculum area in order to:
- Develop personal identity, and high levels of motivation.
- Develop positive social interaction, and the skills to live and work with others.
- Develop of the ability to be an active citizen.
- Develop confidence and responsibility and making the most of their abilities.
- Prepare our pupils to play an active role as citizens.
- Develop a healthy, safer lifestyle.
- Develop good relationships and respecting the differences between people.
- Knowledge organiser which outlines key vocabulary.
- A programme of holistic lessons, that plans for progression and depth.
- A platform to consider current affairs, enabling children to become engaged.
- Challenge opportunities for pupils to develop their philosophical thinking.
- Opportunities for engagement with others, and to have an active role in the community.
Our PSHE and Values-based curriculum is relevant and meets the needs of pupils today. It is planned to demonstrate progression and an engagement in the world around us. Children will be measured on their interaction in lessons and the impact that this has on their behaviour and understanding within school.
- A celebration of learning through assemblies.
- A celebration of learning through Class Scrapbooks.
- Pupil discussion about their learning.
Beyond the Curriculum
Sorry, there are no current news items.