It is the intent of our PE curriculum to ensure that all children:
- Gain knowledge, inspiration and competence to participate and excel in a broad range of sports.
- Gain knowledge about physical activity and healthy lifestyles and apply this knowledge to choices about their own health and physical activity.
- Acquire skills and confidence to engage in competitive sport and resilience to be physically active for sustained periods.
- Embed the school values in their approach to PE particularly respect, courage and cooperation.
- All year groups have access to high quality PASS Planning.
- CPD opportunities offered to staff throughout the academic year through PASS.
- All children given the opportunity to complete the Daily Mile.
- All children given the opportunity to participate in termly challenges set by PASS.
- A range of year groups and classes are able to work with external coaches e.g. cricket, cycling, tennis.
- All children to practice and participate in a range of physical activities which allow them to develop their skills in a range of different situations.
- Children to be provided opportunities to participate in competitive sports and activities both within school and outside of school.
- All teachers to promote a positive attitude towards PE by ensuring PE has a strong profile within the whole school setting.
The impact of our high quality PE curriculum is that our pupils integrate into a healthy and active life style.
By the end of a Key Stage, most children will have achieved their age-related expectations in PE
By the end of Year 6, all children are to be able to swim competently, confidently and a distance of at least 25 meters.
Beyond the Curriculum
Sorry, there are no current news items.