It is the intent of our PE curriculum to ensure that all children:
- Gain knowledge, inspiration and competence to participate and excel in a broad range of sports.
- Gain knowledge about physical activity and healthy lifestyles and apply this knowledge to choices about their own health and physical activity.
- Acquire skills and confidence to engage in competitive sport and resilience to be physically active for sustained periods.
- Embed the school values in their approach to PE particularly respect, courage and cooperation.
- All year groups have access to high quality PASS Planning.
- CPD opportunities offered to staff throughout the academic year through PASS.
- All children given the opportunity to complete the Daily Mile.
- All children given the opportunity to participate in termly challenges set by PASS.
- A range of year groups and classes are able to work with external coaches e.g. cricket, cycling, tennis.
- All children to practice and participate in a range of physical activities which allow them to develop their skills in a range of different situations.
- Children to be provided opportunities to participate in competitive sports and activities both within school and outside of school.
- All teachers to promote a positive attitude towards PE by ensuring PE has a strong profile within the whole school setting.
The impact of our high quality PE curriculum is that our pupils integrate into a healthy and active life style.
By the end of a Key Stage, most children will have achieved their age-related expectations in P.E.
By the end of Year 6, all children are to be able to swim competently, confidently and a distance of at least 25 meters.
Physical Education News
Friday 13 January 2023 Kent County Cricket Club Support Year 4 Year 4 have been honing their cricket skills with Adrian from Kent County Cricket club development team. The children have worked on throwing and catching the ball, how to arrange their hands in order to make sure the ball is well caught and brought into the body. Koalas and Kangaroos then played games in ball collecting and in quick, accurate passing of the ball in order to return the ball as quickly as possible. The children have also learned to bowl, aiming for the stumps and bat in order to defend those stumps. We are looking forward to the summer months and putting these and more skills into fun, cricket action!
Friday 13 January 2023 Year 2 Street Dance This term in PE, Year 2 are learning street dance. The children had a great first lesson this week where they learnt to count to the beat of music whilst exploring the different ways they can move their bodies. They started to learn their first routine, using all of the new moves learnt within the lesson. The children are very excited to continue their routine next week!
Thursday 12 January 2023 Girls' League Game Girls league game: Our girls team played their second match of the season this week against Valley Invicta Aylesford and what a game it was! Not only did our girls have a tough opposition to face but they also had to battle the wind and rain!
Tuesday 10 January 2023 Kings Hill vs Tiger Primary Boys cup game: A selection of year 5 and 6 boys played their first cup this week against a strong Tiger Primary side. Only 22 seconds in, our boys set the tone of the game with a great strike from Hayden, putting Kings Hill in front. A very strong first half saw most of the play inside of the opposition's half with Kings Hill dominating, shortly leading to a second goal from Mateo.
Thursday 17 November 2022 Table Tennis Competition A selection of year five and six children recently took part in a table tennis competition where they competed against other schools in a team-based tournament. We entered a boys team, consisting of two year fives and two year sixes, as well as a similar girls team.
Tuesday 15 November 2022 Mountain Biking Year 5 We are very fortunate at Kings Hill School to have such spacious, lush and varied grounds, so much so that we can enjoy learning how to mountain bike with our guide and instructor Ollie from Live Biking!
Friday 14 October 2022 Mini World Cup Last week 10 lucky footballers got the chance to compete in the SCT Mini World Cup tournament in the Gallagher Stadium. This event was run in line with the upcoming Men's World Cup taking place in Qatar next month and each of the 32 schools attending represented one of the qualified countries, so for one day only, Kings Hill were now Mexico!
Monday 13 June 2022 Tennis Success A great day for Kings Hill School tennis at the Kings Hill Sports Park, with a win for the year 3 team and a nail-biting runner up place for the year 6 team!
Friday 27 May 2022 Girls Cricket Tournament This week a group of year 5 and 6 girls took part in a cricket tournament in Kings Hill Cricket Club. This group of girls included a couple of girls with previous experience of playing cricket but the majority stepped out of their comfort zone and took this opportunity to play for the first time! The team came back with the silver medal and we couldn't be prouder. Well done girls!
Friday 27 May 2022 Football Match vs More Park
Wednesday 27 April 2022 Swimming Festival We had a great time at a local swimming festival. A group of children from years 2, 4 and 5 entered and were expecting competition from other schools as has been the case in the past. However, this year the opposition did not arrive! Nevertheless the children enjoyed mini games, races and activities so their time was spent showing off their pool skills and having a great time!