School Development Plan
2020 - 2021
Quality of Education, Personal Development, Behaviour and Attitudes and Leadership and Management
Focus : INTENT
- Develop curriculum and assessment to enable all pupils to acquire the skills and depth of knowledge needed within English and Maths to ensure no pupil has been left behind as a result of Covid-19.
- Plan a recovery curriculum that encompasses a holistic approach to learning and gives priority to relationships, community, interactions, wellbeing, space, meta-cognition, mental health and health education.
- Continue to develop the wider curriculum to ensure the overall curriculum is cohesive, progressive with links across subjects and year groups and includes planned cultural capital and high expectations of vocabulary and reading.
- Leaders and governors to support new staff to their roles including new leaders, newly qualified teachers and support the opening of the Nursery.
- Through planned CPD ensure that teachers have appropriate subject and pedagogical subject knowledge of all subjects taught including PSHE, mental health and RSE.
- Develop subject leaders to be bale to take ownership of their subjects and curriculum progression models.
- Develop coaching and training opportunities to support staff new to their roles.
- Ensure children reach attainment and progress targets in line with pre-Covid expectations.
- Ensure that reading is a priority with a strong emphasis on securing phonics for all pupils and continued high attainment in reading.
- Ensure that children and staff are re-engaged with learning and being part of a mentally and physically healthy and vibrant school community.