Our brand new Nursery class is opening in September 2020.
Please see below for information about our Open Mornings.
We are set in the heart of the Kings Hill community and offer a unique nursery experience where we are committed to developing children from a young age, fostering their interest in learning and establishing positive and caring relationships.
Our Nursery benefits from the full resources and teaching expertise of Kings Hill School. Children are taught by a qualified teacher and teaching assistants and have dedicated mid-day supervisors. The Nursery has a carefully designed space both inside and outside that encompasses all areas of the Early Years framework allowing children to grow in independence, curiosity and confidence.
Children who attend the Nursery have access to the facilities of the school including playing fields, wildlife and woodland area, growing areas, football pitches, MUGA (Multi-Use Games Area), all-weather running track, ICT suite, library, music studio and a large indoor hall. Children are also very much part of Kings Hill School and attend assemblies and have opportunities to spend time with older children.
Our Nursery is a caring environment where all children are encouraged to succeed and are treated as individuals. Our school values of respect, courage, kindness, cooperation, resilience and responsibility are also embedded within our Nursery and prepare our children for the next stage of starting primary school.
Our EYFS Environment
The Nursery and EYFS environment at Kings Hill School has been recently redesigned and upgraded to reflect a dynamic and engaging learning environment both indoors and outside. The School has invested into this area to ensure that all children have the best possible start to their education.
Our Nursery Class has a carefully designed learning space to provide inspirational learning opportunities. It includes a wet area for messy play and creative activities as well as designated learning zones for literacy, maths, small world and role play. There is also an interactive whiteboard screen and an inviting reading area. The classroom space has been developed to encompass all areas of the EYFS curriculum ensuring continuous and enhanced provision throughout the day.
Our outdoor learning space is a secure and safe space for children to learn and play. It enables children to explore across the different areas of learning providing opportunities for their social, emotional and physical development.
It includes water and sand play as well as trails and balance planks. There is a roadway for cycling, a mud kitchen and areas for planting and digging.
Working in partnership with parents
We encourage a strong parent partnership and recognise the importance of everyone working together. We build positive relationships with children and families through:
- Introductory visits to the Nursery and to EYFS so that parents can meet staff and see the school in action.
- An open door policy where you are able to meet with staff to discuss any queries you may have.
- School Newsletters and weekly learning updates.
- Two consultations a year with teacher/parent/key worker
- Learning Journey reports sent out three times during the year
- Stay and play sessions
There are individual parent/teacher/key person meetings twice a year to discuss children’s progress. There are also progress reports sent to parents each term.
All children have Home/Nursery School contact books and reading records.
Structure of the Day
Morning Session - 8.35 a.m. to 11.35 a.m.
Lunch Session - 11.35 a.m. to 12.20 p.m.
Afternoon Session - 12.20 p.m. to 3.20 p.m.
All children are entitled to 15 hours of funded nursery care each week, the term after their 3rd birthday. If both parents are working, you may be entitled to 30 hours free childcare, subject to meeting certain criteria, applications can be made at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk.
These sessions do not include our Lunch session, which is chargeable, should you wish your child to stay for a full day. School dinners are available or you may send in a packed lunch.
You are also able to ‘top up’ your child’s sessions, subject to availability and charges.
The costs are as follows:
30 hours of funding is funded by the government if eligible when a child turns 3. Information to check eligibility is as follows:- Childcarechoices.gov.uk
Lunch Session (home packed lunch)
Lunch Session (school meal)
Additional snack per session
Children may bring a packed lunch if they stay during the lunch session. Alternatively they may access a school dinner through TCS Catering. There is a charge for the lunch session to cover staffing costs and a charge for a school dinner.
Children have dedicated Mid-day supervisors and eat alongside our EYFS children. Children in the Nursery class have access to their own outdoor space at lunchtimes.
At Kings Hill Primary and Nursery School our children are proud to be members of our school and wear our uniform. The uniform has been designed to be practical for our nursery children while reflecting the high standards expected at school.
- Kings Hill Sweatshirt/Cardigan with school logo (This is different from the main school's jumpers/cardigans as it will be made from sweatshirt material to be more practical for Nursery aged children but still ensure they feel fully part of the school). These will be available from Philip Mans but are not yet in stock. They are due in stock from April onwards.
- Navy school style trousers/skirt/pinafore
- White polo shirt
- Practical shoes. Fore safety no open-toe sandals, high-heels, platforms, roller shoes or crocs.
Our Nursery takes children aged between 3 years and up to 5 years old.
- The minimum number of hours booked must be 15 hours.
- A limited number of government-funded 30-hour spaces are available.
- On occasion, we are able to accept applications for a child to start the term before their 3rd birthday.
- Parents and guardians wishing to apply for a nursery place must complete the Kings Hill School Nursery Application Form which is available from our school office or on our website.
- The School Office will contact you in due course if we are able to offer your child a space.
- Whilst the Nursery will always consider in-year admissions, subject to availability, our main nursery intake is in September and January of each year.
Please note that attendance at our Nursery does not guarantee a place in our Reception classes.
If you would like to apply for a place in the Nursery at Kings Hill School then please click here for an application form you can email to us. Alternatively, paper copies are available from the office. Thank you for your interest and we will confirm spaces with you shortly.
We are holding several Open Mornings to give more information about our new Nursery. If you would like to come along, please contact the Office for a space on 01732 842739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday 3rd March 9.30 a.m.
Tuesday 10th March 9.30 a.m.
Tuesday 21st April 9.30 a.m.
Tuesday 19th May 9.30 a.m.
Tuesday 23rd June 9.30 a.m.
Tuesday 14th July 9.30 a.m.